One of the most unforgettable experiences in my life happened just this August, when I went to three provinces--in Luzon (Baguio), Visayas (Bohol), and Mindanao (Davao)! It was unplanned and totally spontaneous (well, except for the first trip), which makes it all the more amazing.
Traveling has taught me so much, and perhaps that is one of the more important reasons why I wish to keep everything written down: to remind me in the future of what I'm missing out on if I remain complacent; to help me remember that only when you actually experience things shall you begin learning.
I wish to travel more, and experience the world more. I love immersing myself in different cultures and meeting different people. I love the feel of a camera, and the crisp sound it makes as I try to capture an image. I love kneeling, sitting, lying down on the floor to get all kinds of angles.
I use an Olympus Stylus 790SW--a small, tough, point and shoot which is just perfect for me. A DSLR would be great, but it's difficult to lug it around congested Manila; since I mostly go around by myself, I want to enjoy my shoots and not have to worry about my camera (and my life!) every minute. It's shockproof (as I always maintain, "everything I own must be shockproof") and waterproof, which means I can take it with me to the beach and take pictures of the funny fishes that swim around me.
Most of the entries here will be visual posts (if I can figure an easy way of doing it), as I love taking pictures of the places I go to, and the things I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment